Monday, January 5, 2009

A successful weekend!!!

I had a very successful weekend in VT. I was able to control my food & my alchole. I actually wasn't even tempted by the chips & Ice cream my friends had. On the way up we stopped at the grocery store & bought mostly healthy food. My friends did by some unhealthy food that I did not eat. We cooked all our meals so that helped a lot. Friday night we made grilled barbeque chicken, Sweet potato fries (baked in the oven) & salad. For breakfast on Saturday & on Sunday we made omelets with 1 egg & egg white, ham & peppers, Turkey bacon, pineapple & light English muffin with jelly. We ate kind of late so we did not have lunch we had some snacks instead. I did have to pieces of cheese & crackers but I did not have any of the pepperoni or potato chips. For dinner we had Grilled pork chops, grilled peppers, some more sweet potato fires (they were so yummy) & I had a bud light. So all in all I only went over my points all weekend by 5. I also got some exercise in, we went walking in the snow on Saturday morning for 40 minutes then had to shovel. Yesterday morning we went walking for 50 minutes. So all in all it was a great healthy weekend. I will post some pictures once I have time to download them.

2 comments:

Laurens_Closet said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! When I'm around a lot of the junk food... I kind of (internally) put on a snobish attitude that's like "I'm above that crap" and it becomes less appetizing. And SNOW is a LOT of work~ you definately got your exercise in!

Goog job!!

Amy

rebuildingamy.blogspot.com

Ron said...

Glad you enjoyed the weekend! It sounded like a healthy weekend to me!